Jazzy Alien Nation Blends
Ace your next Phonics Screening Check and assess print blending skills.
- Do your children struggle to blend words with short vowel sounds?
- Have your children misread long vowel digraphs in words such as ‘ai’ and ‘ay’?
- Do your children fins blending words with split digraph (magic e) words difficult?
My Alien Nation (see what I did there? Alienation?! I really should be a comedian!) Blends are an incredibly large and differentiates set of words to help you find the areas that children need to practise and boost blending skill.
This resource enables you to pinpoint where children are struggling and apply quick and targeted fixes to help them progress. An invaluable and effective assessment, ready made for you to use tomorrow!
Ready to print, downloadable resource of over 700 blending cards. You can buy them as individual sets or save over 50% by buying the whole lot! Each set consists of word cards containing 2, 3, 4 and 5 sound words split into groups continuing:
- 114 cards using only alphabet graphemes (e.g. as ig, sas, pell)
- A further 114 cards using only consonant digraphs (e.g. cha, ang, chem)
- A whopping 216 cards using the different graphemes for spelling the five main long vowel sounds /ai/, /igh/, oa/, /oa/ and /ue/(e.g. aif, bleau, spleet)
- Another 90 word cards using the split digraph magic e (e.g. ade, drink, frane)
- A mahousive 228 cards using the remaining long vowel graphemes (e.g. owd, blore, smart)
Each set of cards has a different alien to show which graphemes you are assessing. For example, the short vowel sound set has one alien on all the 2 sounds words and another on the three sounds words. This is especially useful when you drop them all and have to get a Year 4 child to sort them out again for you!
This comes as a printable download which means that you can print and prepare the whole lot, or just the set your children need to practise.
It’s really is everything you need to improve blending and it’s an enormous time saver!
How To Use
Great for use in school or at home to practise or for assessment! Simply print, laminate (optional) and cut up the cards. I like to laminate them as I can ask my children to dot, dash and dive the graphemes in whiteboard pen.
Full instructions are included. The beauty of this assessment is that you can buy it once and use it every term to measure progress.
Win £100 Voucher!
I love hearing from you! Send me a photo or short video of you using this resources with your children and I’ll enter you into a monthly prize draw for a £100 voucher to spend in the shop!